Thursday 23 January 2014

The Paper Players Challenge #179

Today I am sharing the card I created for the The Paper Players Challenge.

This was a challenge where we had to create a one layer only Valentine card.

I found it so hard sticking to just the one layer, somehow just doesn't seem enough.

I started with a base card of white and then just basically stamped the hearts from the Hearts a Flutter stamp set in the colours of Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana.

It seemed a little too plain to me so I added in some light stamping of some stamps from Gorgeous Grunge - my favourite stamps for creating backgrounds.

What do you all think?  Do you like Clean and Simple with only one layer, or are you a layers girl.  I can definitely say, I like my layers.

It was a very quick and easy card to put together once I decided on which stamps and colours I wanted to use and it would be easy to create many different cards just by changing the colours.





Products used:

Whisper White Cardstock
Hearts a Flutter Stamp Set (Product No 131922 for wood mount - $44.95 or Product No. 129252 for clear mount - $35.95)
Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set (Product No. 130514 for wood mount - $42.95 or Product No. 130517 for clear mount - $33.95)
Fabulous Phrases Stamp Set (Product No. 128577 for wood mount - $65.95 or Product No. 120501 for clear mount - $52.95)
Strawberry Slush Stamp Pad - Product No. 131178 - $9.95
Coastal Cabana Stamp Pad - Product No. 131175 - $9.95

2 comments:

  1. Tracey, great job! You added so much interest with the layering of the stamps and the different colors. You showed that a CAS one layer card doesn't have to be boring - that it can be fabulous!
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors together....a fun combo for a perfect Valentine card! Thanks so much for playing with the Paper Players challenge this week, Tracey!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...