Monday 18 February 2019

JUST ADD INK CHALLENGE #444


Today's project is a card I created for this week's Just Add Ink Challenge #444.

A fun colour challenge this week.  We have been given 2 colours to use - Poppy Parade and Powder Pink and we have to choose a third colour to add.  We can also use black or white.

 

I chose to use Old Olive for my third colour as well as Whisper White for my stamping.  Here is my card:


Oh So Eclectic Stamp Set
Eclectic Layers Thinlits
I just didn't know which stamp set to use for this project.  Because of the colours of Poppy Parade and Powder Pink (not my usual choice of colours to put together) I just couldn't make up my mind.  In the end I ended up choosing to use one of my favourite stamp sets - Oh So Eclectic and the co-ordinating Eclectic Layers Thinlits Dies.


My card base is Powder Pink.  The Whisper White layer has been die cut and some Poppy Parade cardstock adhered to the back of the cutout.  This whole piece has then been adhered to the base card.


Using most of the stamps and dies in this co-ordinating set I have stamped flowers in Powder Pink.  The flower overlays have been die cut in Poppy Parade and adhered over the stamped images. 

Leaves have been stamped in Old Olive onto the base card and also die cut from Old Olive cardstock.

All pieces have then been layered overlapping each other and adhered with dimensionals.

A little Old Olive Ribbon Bow has been added as well.

To finish off the card I die cut a label, from the Needlepoint Elements Framelits Dies and stamped Best Wishes from the Petal Palette Stamp Set in Poppy Parade Ink and adhered to the bottom of the card with dimensionals.

I really enjoyed putting these colours together.   A little bit out of my comfort zone but I was really pleased with the results.

Supplies used to create this project here:


Product List

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely flower cluster Tracey! I love how you layered stamped and die cut flowers and added that striking pattern die cut to ground it in the background. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. This was a fun colour combo to play with.

      Delete
  2. Ohh I love all the layers and mix if stamps and dies - it's very effective and creates great depth. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantell. I had fun creating this one.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I love how you've used these dies - your arrangement is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comments Narelle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...