Wednesday 13 February 2019

BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY


This is a card I created at my monthly workshop using the gorgeous Botanical Butterfly DSP.

I gave everyone a couple of pieces of this DSP, a couple of sketches and then let them choose some co-ordinating cardstock.

Everyone created something beautiful (not hard to do with this paper).  I have shared all the workshop attendees cards to my Facebook page but forgot to share mine.







These were the two pieces of the Botanical Butterfly DSP we each received.  You can earn this DSP for FREE by placing an order for a minimum of $90 during Sale-a-Bration.



I chose to use the spotted side of one of the DSP and to also cut out some of the butterflies from each piece.  For my card base I chose Balmy Blue.



I also wanted to use some of the gorgeous hearts in the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies.

I die cut some of the smaller hearts and also a couple of the pretty floral pieces from Balmy Blue cardstock.

All of these elements were then placed on the card front as shown in the photo.

Here is a closer look at how I layered the pretty floral pieces over the top of my heart pieces.  All the die cut pieces were glued down flat.

The middle butterfly was actually punched out of the paper using the Butterfly Duet punch.  The smaller butterflies were fussy cut.  Some pearls I had in my stash were added to the middles of the butterflies and then added to the card with dimensionals.




To finish off the card I stamped a For You sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White rectangle piece of cardstock and adhered to the card with dimensionals.  (Not sure which set this stamp is from).

You will also notice that I die cut an edging from Balmy Blue cardstock which I added to the right side of the card.







To create this card, these are the supplies I used which you can purchase through my online store by clicking on the picture.

Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper
$0.00
Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies
$61.00
Butterfly Duet Punch
$31.00
Whisper White A4 Card Stock
$17.00
Balmy Blue A4 Cardstock
$14.75
Stampin' Dimensionals
$6.00
Big Shot
$159.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...