Wednesday 21 March 2012

JAI109 Challenge - Just Add Beaches

















Here is the card I have created for the latest Just Add Ink Challenge.  The theme this week was "Just Add Beaches".

I decided to use the "Seaworthy" stamp set seeing as it contains the surfer image and that is definitely a beaches theme.

I have been creating a lot of simple cards this week and decided to stay with the same idea.  Colours came about because I used some of the scrap cardstock lying on my desk at the time.  To add a bit of interest I have distressed and inked the edges of the stamped image piece and also added a couple of torn layers.

This is the first time I have used this stamp set and I think it has made a nice male card or would be good if you have a surfer in your family.

Supplies used:  Cardstock - Whisper White,  Night of Navy and Real Red, Stamp Set - Seaworthy and On Your Birthday, Inkpads - Night of Navy and Not Quite Navy for sponging, Small Oval Punch, Brads, Bakers Twine

7 comments:

  1. I agree Tracey it is a great male card! I love all the distressing and tearing - well done! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink! Cheers Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great guys card and I really like the way you've done the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a great masculine card for those surfies out there. Thanks for joining in with our theme challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracey,

    A perfect beachy card! I love that surfing image.....must remember to add it to my wish list.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a great guy's card Tracey, perfect CAS style and bold colours. Thanks for playing at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love distressing and sponging for male cards, and you have used these techniques really well, Tracey. Great image, and perfect for this week's challenge - thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Tracey . . the colours mix and match well . . what a talent . . enjoying your work . . Cheers Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...