I used a stamp set which my Mum just got in her latest stamp club order (it is so great having a crafty Mum and we share) and decided to go with yellow as the colour of my flowers as I have seen the Queen wear many outfits that have been yellow.
I have added numerous pearls to the centres of my flowers and a couple of pearls to my sentiment tag.
I created the tag for the sentiment by using my Decorative Label punch and then re-punching a couple of times to get a new smaller label. Love that we can use our punches in so many different ways.
Supplies used: Cardstock - Whisper White, Old Olive, Daffodil Yellow, Inkpads - Daffodil Yellow, Old Olive, Soft Suede for sponging and centres of flowers, Punches - Scallop Trim Corner and Scallop Trim Border, Decorative Label, Pearls
Instructions for How I created the Flowers
This is such a pretty stamp set and as I had never used this set before I was unsure of the best way to stamp the images so I had to do a bit of experimenting first to see what worked and looked best to me. So, here is what I did:
- Stamped the stem in Old Olive on my white base cardstock.
- Stamped the flower heads in Daffodil Yellow at the top of the stems on the white base cardstock.
- Stamped the more solid flower heads twice in Daffodil Yellow on a separate piece of cardstock (I actually inked up my stamp, stamped off once and then stamped my image on the white so that the image was lighter).
- Stamped the more detailed flower head in Daffodil Yellow over the top of the more solid flower heads you have already stamped (Don't stamp off this time as you want the outlines to come through more solidly).
- Stamped the centre with Soft Suede by inking up and stamping off first and then stamping over the top of the flower (Gives it a softer look).
- I then cut both my flower heads out and pop dotted them over the top of the flower heads I had stamped on top of the stems.
- Lastly I added the pearls to the centre of the flowers.
Hope this makes some sense to you all and is helpful for using this stamp set.