Monday 21 October 2013

PROJECTS CREATED AT ALL DAY SCRAP/CARDMAKING EVENT


On Saturday I held an all day scrapbooking/cardmaking/do your own thing event.  It was a really fun day and the ladies brought their own projects to work on as well as the below projects which I created with them.

This first project is a case from  page 9 of the Holiday Catalogue.   Christmas cards always look great in the traditional colours of red and green (in this case Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler).



This project is a very cute little Elf light using the little LED Tealights.  I had found this project on Pinterest created by Becky Roberts and fell in love them.  These were my version.




This project was very simple and quick and easy to complete.  We created these at our recent team meeting and I thought the girls would like these as well.   You can use both sizes of the current butterfly punch but as I only had the smaller butterfly punch I also used one of the butterflies from the butterfly embosslits.




Our final project was this gorgeous decorated gift box.  The actual box itself I found in a craft store recently in a pack of 10 which you had to put together yourself.


I found that the size of the box was a perfect fit for using a 6" x 12" sheet of DSP.    It was a simple matter of cutting the DSP at 4" and then every 2" giving you 5 pieces ( 1 - 4" x 6" and 4 - 2" x 6").  I attached all the pieces to the box before I finally assembled it as follows - I attached the large piece temporarily to the top of the box and ran it through the big shot so that I would have an opening on the top.  I then removed the DSP and affixed a sheet of acetate to the DSP and then affixed permanently to the top of the box so that it was nice and neat from both sides.   Affix the other 2" pieces of DSP to each side - cutting where needed.  Once all paper etc has been adhered it is time to stick the box together and then to complete decoration I stamped and punched some Flower Shop flowers and leaves from the bird builder punch and added some pearls.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...