Tuesday 5 February 2013

Male Birthday Card

This month in Stamp Club one of the cards we created was a male birthday card.  I have always found male cards difficult to come up with, but having received the Clockworks Stamp Set at the Heartfelt Event recently and deciding to base my card on the samples that Stampin'Up! had created I was very happy with the way this card turned out.  For something a little different I stamped around the outside edge of the More Mustard layer (rather than inking) just to give a little bit more colour and I think the illusion of more texture.  I also crumpled my main piece once it had been stamped and distressed the edges to give more texture.  The clock I have popped up to make it stand out a little more.  I also started off with a couple of the colours that Stampin'Up! had chosen of More Mustard and Pool Party and then complimented these colours with Early Espresso.

So that's one male card created, lots more to go.

Supplies used:  Cardstock - Naturals White, More Mustard, Inkpads - More Mustard, Pool Party, Early Espresso, Natural Trim Ribbon, Pool Party Baker's Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...