Saturday 25 February 2012

I Just Had to Scraplift this Layout


This is a layout I completed on Tuesday using the beautiful Elegant Soiree Papers from last years catalogue.  I have had these papers in my stash for so long waiting for something special to inspire me to use them as I think they are just such gorgeous colours.  Anyway, I was flicking through an old Scrapbooking Memories magazine which I had just borrowed from the library and lo and behold there was a whole Scrapbooking Memories Masters Challenge dedicated to just these papers.  Well, I couldn't wait to get out the photos and the papers and maybe scraplift a little bit here and little bit there - but as it turned out I ended up scraplifting almost the whole of one layout with a few changes of my own.  The original layout was created by Tatum Woodroffe.

The basic layout is the same.  I created different flowers and added in some flourishes cut from the DSP as well as using some of the brown packing paper we get in our orders to make the large flower at the top right and the pleated paper on the left side with a stamped bird image  popped on top.  If you look carefully at the flowers in the bottom corner I have also made my own hat pin embellishment with some pearls and beads.  I have also stamped the flower image and saying and watercoloured the image.

Supplies used:  Basic Grey and Very Vanilla Cardstock, Elegant Soiree DSP (no longer available) Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Soft Suede and Marina Mist Inkpads,  Brown Packing Paper, Vintage Brad, Twine, (Button unkown and Hat Pin created by me), Scallop Border Punch, Elements of Style Stamp Set


1 comment:

  1. beautiful layout, embellishments finish it off perfectly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...